Introduction Post

When I first visited my visa consultant to obtain study visa for bachelors in computing course, they presented quite a lot study options to me including courses at De Mont University (DMU). What attracted me towards DMU is that, I could have the opportunity to explore a subject I’m passionate about, enhance my employability chances, gain independence, enjoy new experiences and find the people who will push me to achieve things I never thought I could. DMU is considered to be UK's best university for helping students build their careers, so you can secure your degree as well as the skills and knowledge you need to get a head start in your career.

Currently I have taken Computer Science BSc (Hons) course at DMU which is accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional. It has around 4 mandatory modules in year 1, 4 mandatory modules in year 2 and 3 mandatory modules in year 3. Also it has 4 optional modules after completion of year 3. As per my research and understanding, students are most likely to be interested in modules of programming, web application development and software development.

After finishing this course, as a computer science graduate I would be able to work as associate software engineer, computer engineer, systems engineer, database manager, software developer and web developer for multinational companies which have presence across the globe. Similarly work placements are also offered as part of this course as DMU has links with organisations both in the UK and internationally, and the placements team will help me find a placement to suit my interests and aspirations.

The skills that DMU can equip me to achieve my goals includes theoretical and practical computer skills that are needed to understand the programming language concepts, software design methods, secure web systems, computer architecture and computer networks. In order to sum-up the above, I can see myself working as a senior computer programmer for a large multinational IT organisation in UK in the next 10 years.

Comments